Teaching Children About the Presidential Election
We are down the homestretch of the presidential election and now that my daughters are a bit older, they have more questions than ever! I love that they are taking an interest in this important event, so I have gathered some helpful resources for explaining and engaging them in this process. I love hearing their views and seeing them take their first stances on certain issues. It is the beginning of long and rewarding journey of talking about and processing the many issues that we face as a society—together as a family.
- Picture Books About Presidents and Elections by No Time for Flashcards
- Great Web Sites for Teaching Election 2012 by The New York Times
- The Democracy Project by PBS Kids
- Learn About the President by Brain POP Jr.
- Race to the Ballot: The Our White House Campaign and Election Kit for Kids
- Letters to the Next President by Writing Our Future
Does Your Vote Count? by TEDEd
Electing a US President in Plain English
Electoral College: How We Elect Our President in the United States by Khan Academy