Randi from Swoon is with us today to share some easy and fun springtime masks for the little bunnies in our lives.
The transition from winter to spring is a gorgeous one. The world around us is filled with beauty and the promise of new life. My children have been dying to spot a mama duck with a nice family of chicks in tow (no luck yet), and we’ve been finding all sorts of excuses to pick the freshly grown flowers from the yard and bring them inside. The signs of spring also tend to show up in our crafts.
Last year we came up with these paper bunny masks and they were a hit! We decided to make them again this year, but thought we should add a baby chick friend into the mix too. These masks are simple to make, fun to decorate, and even more fun to play with!
-markers, paint, stickers, sequins (anything you can dream of to decorate your mask!)
-ribbon or twine
1. Print mask templates and fold in half.
2. Cut along the dotted lines. Small children will need help cutting out the eyes.
3. Unfold mask and lay flat. Gently fold the nose of the mask over so it lays over the front of the mask.
4. Decorate! We traced the template on to watercolor paper and painted them with watercolors this time, but the possibilities are endless.
5. Punch a hole on each side and tie a short piece of twine to each side. Tie around child’s head and have fun!