We are getting an early spring this year, which is making me excited about all of the outdoor adventures to come. The lovely weather has also started my wheels turning as I begin think ahead to Camp Mom, which is quickly approaching on the horizon. So, over the last couple of weeks I have checked out numerous nature/science activity books and have also pulled out some of my old favorites to get the juices flowing. I am filling them up with sticky notes and writing down ideas, so that as the girls spend more time outside, I am am at the ready to to take their interests to the next level with some engaging hands-on learning experiences. We look forward to sharing our nature explorations with you throughout the season…
I am off, I just heard word of a butterfly sighting!
- Let’s Go Outside! and I Love Dirt! by Jennifer Ward
- Sharing Nature with Children I & II by Joseph Cornell
- Nature Connection by Clare Walker Leslie
- Coyote’s Guide to Connecting with Nature by Jon Young, Ellen Haas & Evan McGown
- Nature’s Art Box by Laura C. Martin
- Hands-On Nature by Jenepher Lingelbach
- The Jumbo Book of Outdoor Art by Irene Luxbacher
- Nature’s Playground by Fiona Danks & Jo Schofield
What are your favorites?