Simple blank books are a must-have for any house with young, budding authors. I have been inspired by the creative variations I have seen from many different talented mothers. I decided to add my simple contribution and to highlight some of my favorites from around the blogosphere.
Inspiring blank books by…
✴ Flipflops & Applesauce
✴ Soule Mama
✴ Angry Chicken – here & here
✴ Molly Irwin
✴ The Write Start
✴ Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord – here & here
✴ Diane Gilleland at Craftstylish
✴ Book Making at Blissful Kids
✴ Photo Journals by Five and a Half
✴ Bare Books – we used them here & here
✴ Blank Slate Board Books
✴ Elsa Mora – blank book experience
Twig Book Tutorial
1. Gather some cover stock, blank white paper (I cut standard 8.5 x 11 in half), twigs, rubber bands and a hole punch.
2. With the cover stock as the front and back pages and approximately 4-6 pages of white paper in between, punch two holes on the left hand side of the paper (approx. 1 inch from the top and the bottom).
3. Line the twig up with the holes and wrap the rubber band around the top of twig and string through the top whole.
4. Stretch the rubber band down the back side of the book. Then string it through the bottom hole, towards the front of the book, and around the bottom of the twig.
5. Open the book and crease the front cover along the twig for easy access.
6. Leave out in your writing area and watch the brilliant novels begin to appear!